Q&A for Advocates National Institute
11th Annual National Institute for building strategies for advocacy and organizing in response to abuse in Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans, and Gay communities. Please view the 2013 Q&A Mailing+Registration Flyer for full details, or email email@example.com.
What is Q&A for Advocates?
Q&A (Queers & Allies/Questions & Answers) is a one-of-a-kind training and consultation project available to d.v. advocates and others who work with bisexual, trans, lesbian, and gay survivors of abuse. Through this project, the Northwest Network brings together advocates from across the country to:
- Develop assessment skills and experience;
- Share specialized info from LBTG survivors;
- Share information about unique issues andconcerns facing our diverse LBTG communities;
- Problem solve around typical barriers that existin shelters, advocate programs, anti-violence
projects and queer resource centers;
- Integrate queer generated theories andinformation about domestic violence into work
- Topics include: assessing “who’s who” in abusiveLBTG relationships; supporting survivors’ self determination
in advocacy; Trans 201 and domestic violence through a
- community outreach and engagement strategies;sex, sexuality and sexual abuse; safety
planning in small communities; support group
and counseling issues; involving community
members in social change;
- basic and advanced domestic violence analysis.
Q&A participants also have on-going access to NW Network advocates for technical assistance and consultation following the institute!
Training location and hotel information will be provided upon registration.
Join us for an exciting new addition to Q&A!
- Examining our personal, social and movement values as they relate to sex, sexual violence and healing from trauma.
- Building our self-awareness and skills to provide holistic advocacy services to survivors of sexual violence.
- Increasing organizational capacity to provide services & engage communities with a sex-positive lens & orientation.
A limited number of full and partial scholarships are available to potential Q&A attendees. Scholarships cover the cost of registration, but do not include lodging or transportation .If you are interested in a scholarship, please download the
scholarship application form and mail it to us at